The Gigot Center is associated with the Mendoza College of Business Department of Management.
• The Notre Dame entrepreneurial track offers MBA students an Innovation & Entrepreneurship Concentration and undergraduate students an Entrepreneurship Minor
• Curriculum includes a wide spectrum of courses organized to enable students to follow one of four entrepreneurial curriculum tracks:
- Start-Up track (“I want to start a business”)
- Venture Capital Investing track (“I want to invest in many startups”)
- Intrapreneurship track (“I want to lead a corporate innovation team”)
- Social Entrepreneurship track (“I want to start a social enterprise”)
• Approximately 90 percent of entrepreneurship faculty have started, bought or operated a successful business
• Center sponsors a robust schedule of non-curriculum-based activities and competitions annually in entrepreneurship, including the annual McCloskey Business Plan Competition that awards more than $300,000 in cash and in-kind prizes
Other distinguishing programs features:
- Immersive Learning and Internship opportunities enabling students to embed with startups, incubators, venture capital firms, social enterprises and other entrepreneurial organizations
- Irish Entrepreneurs Network offers a deep bench of expert resources to assist aspiring Notre Dame entrepreneurs
- Annual Irish Impact Conference – a platform for thought leadership aligned with the “Ask More of Business” calling of the Mendoza College of Business
- Center serves as a liaison to the other nodes in the Notre Dame entrepreneurship eco-system: Innovation Park at Notre Dame, Irish Angels, ND Office of Research and others.